Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF Midwest

  • Jason T
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2010
      On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > http://chiclassiccomp.org/vcfmw
      > It looks like there will be a "green screen experience" as well as other interesting exhibits.

      There will? I guess I missed that...what is it?

      > Although the site has a quick description of my exhibit, here's the full text description, an attempt to represent the MidAtlantic region:

      Sorry - I was trying to keep the descriptions short. I can expand it
      a bit if you like.

      --
      jht
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
        Jason T wrote:
        On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        http://chiclassiccomp.org/vcfmw
        It looks like there will be a "green screen experience" as well as other interesting exhibits.

        There will?  I guess I missed that...what is it?

        We have been talking about having an exhibit at MARCH's computer museum at InfoAge comprised of timesharing terminals - "green screens"  - that people can use when they visit the MARCH musuem.  The terminals would probably be hooked up to a modern PC however, for support reasons.  It would be a simulated green screen experience.  You're would be the real thing.

        Although the site has a quick description of my exhibit, here's the full text description, an attempt to represent the MidAtlantic region:

        Sorry - I was trying to keep the descriptions short.  I can expand it
        a bit if you like.

        No need, but thanks.  I would be just as happy with "..a pile of Sinclair 1000's and related stuff that goes with it.." - I like to try to come up with a theme of some sort for my exhibits to make them more interesting.

        Bill
      • Jason T
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
          On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:01 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
          > We have been talking about having an exhibit at MARCH's computer museum at InfoAge comprised of timesharing terminals - "green screens"  - that people can use when they visit the MARCH musuem.  The terminals would probably be hooked up to a modern PC however, for support reasons.  It would be a simulated green screen experience.  You're would be the real thing.

          Ahhh....my own display :) I was in video production mode when I saw
          the "green screen" term. Thinking Chromakey...

          Our terms will be attached to a terminal server but from there will
          probably just go to a generic *nix box. Then again, anything on the
          network will be accessible (if we do it right,) so it all depends on
          what people bring.

          > No need, but thanks.  I would be just as happy with "..a pile of Sinclair 1000's and related stuff that goes with it.." - I like to try to come up with a theme of some sort for my exhibits to make them more interesting.

          I really like the SIG history concept. Should be a good burst of
          nostalgia for those who were around then.

          -j