Re:Looking for early 3Com cards, ISA

  • MITA - Gmail
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2010

      I can probably dig up one of those Ethernet cards but right now is not a good time. If you get stuck, after a month or so get back to me.

      Gil

      --
      A. G. (Gil) Carrick, Director
      Museum of Information Technology at Arlington

      DT MITA icon

      1012 Portofino Drive

      Arlington, TX 76012
      817-264-MITA (6482) - gil.carrick (Skype)

      http://MIT-A.com

    • Bob Schwier
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2010
        I think I have a few of the cards that even could use the coax cable. Give me a few
        days to dig them out.
        bs

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
          Do you still have any old cards?

          On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 08:05 -0700, Bob Schwier wrote:
          > I think I have a few of the cards that even could use the coax cable.
          > Give me a few
          > days to dig them out.
          > bs
          >
          > --- On Sat, 9/4/10, MITA - Gmail <museum.it.arlington@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: MITA - Gmail <museum.it.arlington@...>
          > Subject: [midatlanticretro] Re:Looking for early 3Com cards,
          > ISA
          > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 10:32 AM
          >

          > I can probably dig up one of those Ethernet cards but right
          > now is not a good time. If you get stuck, after a month or so
          > get back to me.
          >

          > Gil
          >
          > --
          > A. G. (Gil) Carrick, Director
          > Museum of Information Technology at Arlington
          >
          > DT MITA icon
          >
          > 1012 Portofino Drive
          >
          > Arlington, TX 76012
          > 817-264-MITA (6482) - gil.carrick (Skype)
          >

          > http://MIT-A.com

        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
            On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 09:42:31AM -0400, tedheadster wrote:
            > Do you still have any old cards?

            If not I have several EtherLink III 3C509B and one EtherLink II 3C503-16-TP.
          • Bob Applegate
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
              I've got an Etherlink III with original box, docs and disk as well.  It looks like at least one NE-2000 board if you want it too.

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
                It appears my main KIM-1 has a bad U2, which is one of the preprogrammed 6530s. Ie, it's extremely unlikely to find one used someplace.

                Anyone have any dead machines they don't plan on restoring? There might be a chance the chip I need is still working.

                Bob
              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
                  On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                  It appears my main KIM-1 has a bad U2, which is one of the preprogrammed 6530s.  Ie, it's extremely unlikely to find one used someplace.

                  Anyone have any dead machines they don't plan on restoring?  There might be a chance the chip I need is still working.

                  I remember about this too, as the replica have workaround using an eprom..
                  You mean there's nobody with NOS 6530 parts with the KIM code ?
                  I haven't looked yet myself,but I'm curious.

                • Bob Applegate
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 1 4:23 AM

                    On Apr 30, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:

                    On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                    It appears my main KIM-1 has a bad U2, which is one of the preprogrammed 6530s.  Ie, it's extremely unlikely to find one used someplace.

                    Anyone have any dead machines they don't plan on restoring?  There might be a chance the chip I need is still working.

                    I remember about this too, as the replica have workaround using an eprom..
                    You mean there's nobody with NOS 6530 parts with the KIM code ?
                    I haven't looked yet myself,but I'm curious.

                    If you know a source, please let me know.  The ROM portion is good, and the keyboard monitor comes up when reset is pressed, but it looks like port A on U2 is not able to drive output anymore, at least not all the bits.  One of the funky symptoms is that the top segment of the LEDs is always on.  The TTY interface is also dead because it's on the same port.  Need to put it on the scope this morning and verify some of the data.

                    Bob

                  • Bob Schwier
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 2 11:36 AM
                      Plenty of old cards.  I got sidetracked and forgot to inventory.
                      bs