Re: Lisa, Lisa, sad LISA

  • rilkerfc
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 3, 2010
      <moderation -- I approved this post, but it's hard to take seriously -- evan k.>

      ------------

      Hello,

      I have a BIG interest on these Lisas!!!! In fact, Lisa II will complete my apple collection (missing TAM and more 2 models).

      Now, I living in Brazil, but, I still have an address in Sarasota, FL.

      I am working on a project to open a museum in Sao Paulo (Brazil) in mid of 2012. And my collection will be donated to the museum.

      Please, let me know what I can do put my hands on the Lisa!

      Thanks,
      Rilker-

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bob Schwier <schwepes2002@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone interested in an Apple LISA or two?
      > I have a friend who is moving and has to dispose of same.  I have not had
      > the opportunity of finding out yet if the things still work though red
      > marker on the bodies of them indicate that they did function to some
      > degree when last turned on.
      > If anyone shows an interest, I'll collect them, test them and make
      > arrangements for them to be picked up.  I live in Delaware County, PA.
      > bs

      > .

    • Bob Schwier
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 3, 2010
        I will get back to you when I have them in my possession.
        bs

        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 3, 2010
          if still available, I'm interested too !

          Message 4 of 30 , Sep 4, 2010
            I almost bought one on ebay, they have been coming down in price.
            Even with 66 watchers this went for $515.00

            http://cgi.ebay.com/280552406641
          • Bob Schwier
            Message 5 of 30 , Sep 4, 2010
              On my porch are two machines, a power supply, a hard drive (5 1/4 full), books on
              using accompanying software and one mouse.  Note, no keyboard.  One machine
              seems to have been working when it was originally laid up and the other seems
              to have had a bad floppy drive and one bad slot according to what is written on
              the case.
              Unfortunately, there is no appropriate keyboard.  John says he will look for it but
              I'm not holding my breath.
              bs

              Message 6 of 30 , Sep 5, 2010
                Patience everyone, I'm hoping that he finds other LISA stuff before putting the package
                together.
                His move will not be complete until Sunday Sept 12.
                bs

                Message 7 of 30 , Sep 5, 2010

                  ... Waiting with worms on tongue [baited breath]...

                  Greg

                  Message 8 of 30 , Sep 5, 2010
                    Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

                    > Follow the GET LAMP Screening Tour
                    > http://www.getlamp.com/jetlamp/
                    > There's supposed to be more dates being added as he goes along.
                    > Maybe you can get him scheduled for VCF 7.0, his schedule shouldn't be too
                    > crowded by then :)
                    >
                    > He will be in Brooklyn Oct.7th at the Alpha One Labs hackerspace
                    >
                    > He's going to be here in Pittsburgh on Oct.4th at CMU.
                    > I was going to bring something running Adventure or Zork.

                    A CP/M system will run classic Adventure.

                    Dan (or whoever contacts the GET LAMP person), you might pass along an FYI about the guy who exhibited at TCF this year about "MegaWars". That's apparently a multiplayer on-line game on Compuserve in the 80's and 90's.

                    I don't have the exhibitor's name but he had a booth in the TCNJ Student Center at the time. Booth photos show "try it at megawarsiii.com" (or MEGAWARSIII.COM). No info about
                    exhibitors on the TCF Web site. I spoke to him and he seemed knowledgeable about the game's history, he was working to revive it. The Web site, or contacts with TCF, may get more info.

                    Herb Johnson
                    emerging from the basement at retrotechnology.com
                    Message 9 of 30 , Sep 5, 2010
                      > FYI about the guy who exhibited at TCF this year about "MegaWars". That's apparently a multiplayer on-line game on Compuserve in the 80's and 90's.
                      >
                      > I don't have the exhibitor's name but he had a booth in the TCNJ Student Center at the time. Booth photos show "try it at megawarsiii.com" (or MEGAWARSIII.COM)

                      A good tip -- thank you.

                      More important: welcome back.
                    • Bill Dromgoole
                      Message 10 of 30 , Sep 5, 2010

                         For more information on the "worms" see http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm

                        Cruel Clever Cat:

                        Sally, having swallowed cheese,
                        Directs down holes the scented breeze,
                        Enticing thus with baited breath
                        Nice mice to an untimely death.

                        BillDrom
                        ... Waiting with worms on tongue [baited breath]...

                        Greg

                      • Dan Roganti
                        Message 11 of 30 , Sep 6, 2010
                          On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 9:29 PM, S100DOCTOR
                          A CP/M system will run classic Adventure.
                          [snip]

                          DOCTOR, DOCTOR, pleeeasseee
                          OOOhhh, the mess I'm in !

                          DOCTOR, DOCTOR, pleeeasseee