Really local computer makers - was MidAtlantic Computer Manufacturers late 70's

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 30, 2010
      What I really find amazing is that there were two computer manufacturers
      right here in New Milford (CT, not Jersey) where I have lived since 1973.

      > Electro-Atomic Products
      > 25 Old State Rd
      > New Milford CT 06776
      > Netronics R&D Ltd
      > 333 Litchfield Rd
      > New Milford CT 06776

      Netronics still exists at the same location - about a mile as the crow
      flies from my house, although they do not make computers.
      http://netronicsresearch.com
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer/85

      Time has been less kind to Electro-Atomic Products which seems to have
      disappeared without a trace. That location is an old house that
      sometimes is an antique dealer.

      Jim

      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > and NY? I thought the midatlantic part was about the club's location.
      >
      > Bill was merely sharing a list of companies in that specific region. It
      > has nothing to do with what's in our club collection. Our collection
      > includes companies from all over the world.
      >
      > However there are several benefits to familiarizing ourselves with
      > mid-Atlantic companies. It enables us to tag relevant exhibits in the
      > museum. For example, we'll tell visitors, "Look for the (XYZ) sign on
      > various displays, which indicates that company was from around here,"
      > etc. Another benefit is that we can target the former leaders of local
      > companies for VCF lectures, donations, historic archives, etc.

    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 30, 2010
        I can't find a trace of

        Computer Data Systems
        5460 Fairmount Dr
        Wilmington DE 19808

        I think I will put it in my GPS, see who's there.

        Bill

        Bill Degnan

        MidAtlantic Computer Manufacturers late 70's

        > What I really find amazing is that there were two computer manufacturers

        > right here in New Milford (CT, not Jersey) where I have lived since
        1973.

        > > Electro-Atomic Products
        > > 25 Old State Rd
        > > New Milford CT 06776
        > > Netronics R&D Ltd
        > > 333 Litchfield Rd
        > > New Milford CT 06776
        >
        > Netronics still exists at the same location - about a mile as the crow
        > flies from my house, although they do not make computers.
        > http://netronicsresearch.com
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer/85
        >
        > Time has been less kind to Electro-Atomic Products which seems to have
        > disappeared without a trace. That location is an old house that
        > sometimes is an antique dealer.
        >
        > Jim

        > > and NY? I thought the midatlantic part was about the club's location.
        > >
        > > Bill was merely sharing a list of companies in that specific region.
        It
        > > has nothing to do with what's in our club collection. Our collection
        > > includes companies from all over the world.
        > >
        > > However there are several benefits to familiarizing ourselves with
        > > mid-Atlantic companies. It enables us to tag relevant exhibits in the
        > > museum. For example, we'll tell visitors, "Look for the (XYZ) sign on
        > > various displays, which indicates that company was from around here,"
        > > etc. Another benefit is that we can target the former leaders of local
        > > companies for VCF lectures, donations, historic archives, etc.

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 30, 2010
          No need:

          http://www.supplychain.com/

          On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:

          > I can't find a trace of
          >
          > Computer Data Systems
          > 5460 Fairmount Dr
          > Wilmington DE 19808
          >
          > I think I will put it in my GPS, see who's there.
          >
          > Bill
          >
          > Bill Degnan

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 30, 2010
            I called them and left a message. Maybe in the basement, in some old
            box...

            Bill Degnan

            MidAtlantic Computer Manufacturers late 70's

            > No need:
            >
            > http://www.supplychain.com/
            >
            > On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:
            >
            > > I can't find a trace of
            > >
            > > Computer Data Systems
            > > 5460 Fairmount Dr
            > > Wilmington DE 19808
            > >
            > > I think I will put it in my GPS, see who's there.
            > >
            > > Bill
            > >
            > > Bill Degnan

          • Bill Dromgoole
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 30, 2010
              Check it out.
              Retro computers on display at Bletchley Park VCF
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8782344.stm

              Bill Dromgoole
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 30, 2010
                Bill Dromgoole wrote:
                > Check it out.
                > Retro computers on display at Bletchley Park VCF
                > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8782344.stm
                >
                > Bill Dromgoole

                Thanks for the link, I was hoping to go, next best thing
                bd