Re: [midatlanticretro] MidAtlantic Computer Manufacturers late 70's

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 29 9:46 PM
      >>> Within MARCH we include DEC in Mass so what's the problem with CT
      and NY? I thought the midatlantic part was about the club's location.

      Bill was merely sharing a list of companies in that specific region. It
      has nothing to do with what's in our club collection. Our collection
      includes companies from all over the world.

      However there are several benefits to familiarizing ourselves with
      mid-Atlantic companies. It enables us to tag relevant exhibits in the
      museum. For example, we'll tell visitors, "Look for the (XYZ) sign on
      various displays, which indicates that company was from around here,"
      etc. Another benefit is that we can target the former leaders of local
      companies for VCF lectures, donations, historic archives, etc.

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 30 10:33 AM
          What I really find amazing is that there were two computer manufacturers
          right here in New Milford (CT, not Jersey) where I have lived since 1973.

          > Electro-Atomic Products
          > 25 Old State Rd
          > New Milford CT 06776
          > Netronics R&D Ltd
          > 333 Litchfield Rd
          > New Milford CT 06776

          Netronics still exists at the same location - about a mile as the crow
          flies from my house, although they do not make computers.
          http://netronicsresearch.com
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer/85

          Time has been less kind to Electro-Atomic Products which seems to have
          disappeared without a trace. That location is an old house that
          sometimes is an antique dealer.

          Jim

          Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > and NY? I thought the midatlantic part was about the club's location.
          >
          > Bill was merely sharing a list of companies in that specific region. It
          > has nothing to do with what's in our club collection. Our collection
          > includes companies from all over the world.
          >
          > However there are several benefits to familiarizing ourselves with
          > mid-Atlantic companies. It enables us to tag relevant exhibits in the
          > museum. For example, we'll tell visitors, "Look for the (XYZ) sign on
          > various displays, which indicates that company was from around here,"
          > etc. Another benefit is that we can target the former leaders of local
          > companies for VCF lectures, donations, historic archives, etc.

        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 30 11:46 AM
            I can't find a trace of

            Computer Data Systems
            5460 Fairmount Dr
            Wilmington DE 19808

            I think I will put it in my GPS, see who's there.

            Bill

            Bill Degnan

            MidAtlantic Computer Manufacturers late 70's

            > What I really find amazing is that there were two computer manufacturers

            > right here in New Milford (CT, not Jersey) where I have lived since
            1973.

            > > Electro-Atomic Products
            > > 25 Old State Rd
            > > New Milford CT 06776
            > > Netronics R&D Ltd
            > > 333 Litchfield Rd
            > > New Milford CT 06776
            >
            > Netronics still exists at the same location - about a mile as the crow
            > flies from my house, although they do not make computers.
            > http://netronicsresearch.com
            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer/85
            >
            > Time has been less kind to Electro-Atomic Products which seems to have
            > disappeared without a trace. That location is an old house that
            > sometimes is an antique dealer.
            >
            > Jim

            > > and NY? I thought the midatlantic part was about the club's location.
            > >
            > > Bill was merely sharing a list of companies in that specific region.
            It
            > > has nothing to do with what's in our club collection. Our collection
            > > includes companies from all over the world.
            > >
            > > However there are several benefits to familiarizing ourselves with
            > > mid-Atlantic companies. It enables us to tag relevant exhibits in the
            > > museum. For example, we'll tell visitors, "Look for the (XYZ) sign on
            > > various displays, which indicates that company was from around here,"
            > > etc. Another benefit is that we can target the former leaders of local
            > > companies for VCF lectures, donations, historic archives, etc.

          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 30 11:49 AM
              No need:

              http://www.supplychain.com/

              On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:

              > I can't find a trace of
              >
              > Computer Data Systems
              > 5460 Fairmount Dr
              > Wilmington DE 19808
              >
              > I think I will put it in my GPS, see who's there.
              >
              > Bill
              >
              > Bill Degnan

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Bill Degnan
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 30 12:03 PM
                I called them and left a message. Maybe in the basement, in some old
                box...

                Bill Degnan

                MidAtlantic Computer Manufacturers late 70's

                > No need:
                >
                > http://www.supplychain.com/
                >
                > On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:
                >
                > > I can't find a trace of
                > >
                > > Computer Data Systems
                > > 5460 Fairmount Dr
                > > Wilmington DE 19808
                > >
                > > I think I will put it in my GPS, see who's there.
                > >
                > > Bill
                > >
                > > Bill Degnan

              • Bill Dromgoole
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 30 8:43 PM
                  Check it out.
                  Retro computers on display at Bletchley Park VCF
                  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8782344.stm

                  Bill Dromgoole
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 30 8:58 PM
                    Bill Dromgoole wrote:
                    > Check it out.
                    > Retro computers on display at Bletchley Park VCF
                    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8782344.stm
                    >
                    > Bill Dromgoole

                    Thanks for the link, I was hoping to go, next best thing
                    bd