Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF MW Update

  • Jason T
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2010
      On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:
      > I will be there but have no time to prepare an exhibit (unless I think of something trivial).

      It's not a short trip from the east coast to lovely Lombard, IL, but I
      hope to meet a few of you folks out there. It's generating some nice
      interest and looks to be a great show. If anyone has any questions
      regarding the show or accommodations, drop me a note and I'll do what
      I can to help.

      --
      jht
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 25 7:28 AM
        Let's see...lots of Commodore, especially C64/128 stuff at this event.
        That's to be expect given that this is 1/2 the Chicago Commodore Club event
        and they have their own room. Maybe 25+ exhibitor/vendors in the CBM room,
        18 or so in the vintage computer festival room, and about 8 tables in the
        Tandy/Sinclair room. There were also some misc tables in the hallways.
        There are at least three new PET/C-64 drive adapter devices for USB
        available, awesome!

        I will post pictures when I return.

        Ian and Mouse drove from NY, I flew in and met with David Greelish and his
        friend Raj. We split the cost of the rental car. David had a nice talk
        about computer history and his experiences in the 90's as the hobby
        "vintage computing" was coming together. Nice job. I brought a Rockwell
        AIM 65, and Jason T brought two more. Ian and Mouse worked to diagnose his
        two non working AIMs, we got one of them mostly working (28K!) but we could
        not determine the location in memory to activate the external video, or the
        video card was bad.

        Met lots of people. Standard dinner fun on Friday and Saturday.

        The photos will bring about more stories, I will make a page with
        captions.

        Bill Degnan