Terminal ID?

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
      Those of you on CCtalk have already seen this...

      Can anyone identify these two terminals?

      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/DSC05842.JPG
      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/DSC06049.JPG

      The second one, in particular, looks like some model of ADDS terminal.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
        Mike Loewen wrote:
        > Those of you on CCtalk have already seen this...
        >
        > Can anyone identify these two terminals?
        >
        > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/DSC05842.JPG
        > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/DSC06049.JPG
        >
        > The second one, in particular, looks like some model of ADDS terminal.

        It looks like an early 1980's Lanier or some other
        no-longer-around-merged-with-someone company terminal. Which of course
        is no help to you, sorry. No idea, but with the function keys across
        the top, it may be an IBM terminal clone.
        Bill
      • brian_cirulnick
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2010
          Hi Mike;

          The cases strongly remind me of the Intertec Compustar "Superbrain", so it's possible those are the "Intertube" terminals that were meant to be used with Intertec's multi-user system.

          Never seen them before, so I'm just guessing...

          > Those of you on CCtalk have already seen this...
          >
          > Can anyone identify these two terminals?
          >
          > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/DSC05842.JPG
          > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/DSC06049.JPG
          >
          > The second one, in particular, looks like some model of ADDS terminal.
          >

          > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 27, 2010
            On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, brian_cirulnick wrote:

            > The cases strongly remind me of the Intertec Compustar "Superbrain", so it's possible those are the "Intertube" terminals that were meant to be used with Intertec's multi-user system.
            >
            > Never seen them before, so I'm just guessing...

            Andy has identified the one with the orange/yellow keys as an ADDS
            Consol 980. I haven't found any pictures online yet, but will keep
            looking.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...