The sound of sorting

  • Tony Eros
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010

      http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/sorting-algorithms-quite-boring-until-you-add-sound-effects-20100819/

      The linked YouTube videos really brought me back to the days when coding my own sort routines was a regular part of life.  It’s fascinating to see and hear the differences between many of the early popular sort algorithms.

      For years, I had a copy of Wirth’s “Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs” on my desk.  I think I might just take it down off the shelf tonight…

      -- Tony

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
        Gee, that was more fun than I expected! Funny how I instantly knew the
        bubble sort.

        Jim