Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum ceiling update

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 20, 2010
      Joe Giliberti <lithium850@...> wrote:

      >I'd imagine that it would be more work to climb into the attic and crawl
      >on 2x10s, than it would be to do it from a ladder, reaching up through
      >the rafters and installing sheetrock later. More work = more money

      The new museum area is in the Evan's bldg. I worked in in the mid-late
      '80s. I outfitted that building with its etherhose (10base5) backbone.
      There is ample space above the ceiling rafters to do work -- electrical
      and other -- after the sheetrock is in place.

      Sadly, all the etherhose and the transceivers were missing when I was
      in there helping Evan move filing cabinets a few short weeks ago.