Re: [midatlanticretro] Osbourne Executive

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2010
      On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, telmnstr@... wrote:

      > On the Osbourne Executive, I keep trying to write out floppies, but the
      > POS won't boot from them. Normally it gives an error.

      What's the error message?

      > What I'm surprised about is that the Executive was supposed to have
      > double sided drives, no? Why are all the images single sided? What happens
      > when you put a single sided image into a double sided drive, is the data
      > intereleaved between sides?

      The Executive came standard with single-sided drives (as mine does).
      Are you sure yours has double-sided? Whose disk images are you using? I
      wrote a set of disks from Dave Dunfield's CPMPLUS images, and they booted
      okay on Exec.

      Have you tried to boot from the B: drive? Hold down the SHIFT and "
      (double quote) key at the same time.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...