Re: Update, re: Who's bringing what to TCF so far...

  • evan947
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
      bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
      the show...?

      Cool idea! I'll ask the TCF people about that.

      - Evan

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:

      > Evan,
      >
      > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
      figured
      > there's no need for me to duplcate.
      >
      > To specify my contribution I plan to "set up" a complete Commodore
      VIC 20

    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
        A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.
      • evan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
          Gotcha.

          --- billdeg@... wrote:

          > A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.

          =====
          Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!

          -- It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
          -- Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
          -- Mainframes to videogames, hardware and software, we cover it all
          -- W: http://news.computercollector.com E: news@...
          -- 660 readers and counting!
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
            > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured
            > there's no need for me to duplcate.
            >
            > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

            I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I don't
            have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you want to
            bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be short on
            space).
          • evan947
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
              David,

              I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
              Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
              running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

              - Evan

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
              wrote:
              > > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
              figured
              > > there's no need for me to duplcate.
              > >
              > > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
              >

              > I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I
              don't
              > have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you
              want to
              > bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be
              short on
              > space).
            • David Gesswein
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
                > I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
                > Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
                > running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

                Definitely is a little too strong, much can happen in a couple months.
                I had a poor version running a while ago on the VC8E/VR14.
                Video on http://www.pdp8.net/vr14/vr14.shtml
                I found a better looking source but haven't gotten around to setting things
                up to try it.
              • billdeg@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                  OK. I will bring a TI 99/4A and gear.
                  Bill
                • evan947
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                    bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
                    the show...?

                    LOL... so I just heard back from the TCF contact... his generic answer
                    was "The Internet will be available via WiFi connection..."

                    I think he sort of missed my point!!! LOL !!!!

                    I replied and asked if he's ever tried to set up WiFi on a Vic 20. :)

                    Will forward his reply when it arrives.