Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH in a HOPE blog

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17 4:31 AM
      Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

      > Blogger cites me/BillDeg's vintage computing lecture from HOPE:

      >showing around to the Borders across the street to buy her a copy of
      >Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
      ><http://www.amazon.com/Hackers-Heroes-Computer-Revolution-Anniversary/dp/1449388396/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280199166&sr=8-1>
      >to give her more context about things like the Altair and the PDP-11.
      >
      >That's friggin' awesome.
      >
      >Full post: http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com/2010/07/next-hope.html

      Save that that book at Amazon is authored by Steven Levy who is, IMHO, an
      ass. When he worked for Newsweek he authored an insensitive, ill-informed
      article about Eddie Werner -- a child brutally murdered in my home town by
      another child with a history of mental issues. Kudos on your talk but I'm
      sorry that it precipitated even one sale of an ass's book.