Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Mystery Solved, HP_64000

  • Jason T
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 10, 2010
      On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM, mloewen16823
      <mloewen@...> wrote:

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > > It's an HP 64000.
      >
      > And now, for your reward:
      >
      > Ebay #280544395092

      I watched this auction close with no bids. I was considering jumping
      on it, being at least in the right part of the country, but it's still
      an ~8hr drive for me, both ways. I wrote to the seller and asked
      about the HP's future. The answer: we're just about to dump it in the
      crusher, but if you want we'll list it one more time.

      So they're apparently going to do this - is anyone going to bid? I'd
      hate to see this glorious old brown machine go to scrap. I will
      possibly bid if no one else speaks up, but it's going to take some
      wrangling to find time to go get it. Oh, and they insist they can
      only support pickup M-F, 9-5, so that means taking a day off, too, for
      us working normal hours.

      Oh, and greetings from the Midwest and Chicago Classic Computing, your
      hosts for VCF-MW!

      --
      jht