Maker Faire, etc.

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
      Howdy gents.

      I propose that we all chip in and split one or two hotel rooms near the Maker Faire NYC. Then we party Sat. night of the Faire and not worry about driving.

      I was told that MF-NYC (NY Hall of Science, in Queens) will have a parking lot just for makers (vs. regular attendees) so this doesn't have to be a trains event like HOPE. Good thing, because bringing the 11/05 on NJ Transit was a nightmare.

      I expect to have logistics info next week.

      Meanwhile let's start an informal "who's exhibiting at the MARCH booth" list:

      - me
      - dan
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
        That sounds cool!
        I would be willing to toss in a few $$$ on that...

        Also right now, if you get a Make Magazine subscription, you get a free day pass (not weekend )

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
          I guarantee this won't be like TCF/HOPE where they hassle us about admissions.

          From: Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...>
          Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 07:58:59 -0700 (PDT)
          To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Maker Faire, etc.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010
            I could bring my IIc system with the light and temperature sensor sensors and charting software, if that could be considered relevant to the Faire.

            Joe

            I guarantee this won't be like TCF/HOPE where they hassle us about admissions.

            From: Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...>
            Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 07:58:59 -0700 (PDT)