Re: OT - high tech hobby groups in south Jersey?

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
      > Some areas have informal get-togethers of people who enjoy
      > playing with electronics, software, and other such projects.
      > Does anyone know of any in the southern NJ area?

      There's http://fubarlabs.com/
      at 403 Cleveland St.
      Highland Park, NJ
      (near Edison, near Rutgers New Brunswick & Bush campus)

      They seem to focus on the AVR based Arduino, with members selling really cheap clone kits. One member brought in his benchtop laser cutter and they have a 3D plastic model maker.
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010

          >> There's http://fubarlabs.com/
          at 403 Cleveland St.
          Highland Park, NJ

          That's central Jersey. He meant "south" as in down by Philly.
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
            No, thats North Jersey. Anything North of of the Driscoll Bridge is
            North Jersey. Anything between the Driscoll Bridge and Toms River is
            Central Jersey, and anything from Toms River to Cape May is South Jersey.

            Joe

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
              You're geographically correct but culturally wrong. Parts of Middlesex County, and all of Somerville/Warren counties are "central" Jersey, yet north of the Raritan River.

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 6, 2010
                Jeff,

                I'll send you mine including the "hacking kit". Send me your address
                (off list) and it's yours. You've already send me lots of stuff so no
                trade needed.

                Jim