Help needed -- determining MARCH electrical requirements

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010
      InfoAge has a new volunteer, Martin, who Fred/Steve entrusted with running the electricity for all H-building museum spaces.  Martin works for Siemens and does such things professionally for Robert Wood Johnson hospital here in central NJ.  He is requesting MARCH's electrical requirements in document form.

      To be clear: I do NOT want this to be an on-list discussion.  I'm simply asking if anyone here really knows this stuff, and if said volunteers are willing to help me give Martin some figures offline.

      So, whoever can help, please let me know.  Again, the actual decisions are not a list topic.

      Thanks in advance.  :)
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        > InfoAge has a new volunteer, Martin, who Fred/Steve entrusted with
        >running the electricity for all H-building museum spaces. Martin works
        >for Siemens and does such things professionally for Robert Wood Johnson
        >hospital here in central NJ. He is requesting MARCH's electrical
        >requirements in document form.
        >
        >To be clear: I do NOT want this to be an on-list discussion. I'm simply
        >asking if anyone here really knows this stuff, and if said volunteers
        >are willing to help me give Martin some figures offline.
        >
        >So, whoever can help, please let me know. Again, the actual decisions
        >are not a list topic.
        >
        >Thanks in advance. :)

        I did this back in the day for big installations for the US DoD. You can
        get most of the requirements by just knowing the NEMA connections of the
        various bits of kit to be installed. IMO, that's where you should start.