Re: [midatlanticretro] Mystery Solved, HP_64000

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010
      On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      It's one of those days, lots of manic energy for pointless pursuits.

      and here I thought all along that you were looking for this one
      --haha

      =dAn
    • mloewen16823
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010

        > I have been searching every computer that ever existed for the past two
        > weeks. Sleeping 3 hours, 1 hour for eating, and then back at it. But now
        > my quest is complete, I finally figured out what computer is in this
        > picture
        > http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secret/weekly/FamiStars19.jpg
        >
        > It's an HP 64000.

        And now, for your reward:

        Ebay #280544395092

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Jason T
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 10, 2010
          On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM, mloewen16823
          <mloewen@...> wrote:

          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
          > > It's an HP 64000.
          >
          > And now, for your reward:
          >
          > Ebay #280544395092

          I watched this auction close with no bids. I was considering jumping
          on it, being at least in the right part of the country, but it's still
          an ~8hr drive for me, both ways. I wrote to the seller and asked
          about the HP's future. The answer: we're just about to dump it in the
          crusher, but if you want we'll list it one more time.

          So they're apparently going to do this - is anyone going to bid? I'd
          hate to see this glorious old brown machine go to scrap. I will
          possibly bid if no one else speaks up, but it's going to take some
          wrangling to find time to go get it. Oh, and they insist they can
          only support pickup M-F, 9-5, so that means taking a day off, too, for
          us working normal hours.

          Oh, and greetings from the Midwest and Chicago Classic Computing, your
          hosts for VCF-MW!

          --
          jht