Re: [midatlanticretro] Mystery Solved, HP_64000

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010
      Very good Bill! You stuck to it like a tick.
      Edison would admire your stick-to-it-ive-ness.

      billdrom
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010
        It's one of those days, lots of manic energy for pointless pursuits.

        Bill Degnan

        > Very good Bill! You stuck to it like a tick.
        > Edison would admire your stick-to-it-ive-ness.
        >
        > billdrom

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010
          On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
          It's one of those days, lots of manic energy for pointless pursuits.

          and here I thought all along that you were looking for this one
          --haha

          =dAn
        • mloewen16823
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010

            > I have been searching every computer that ever existed for the past two
            > weeks. Sleeping 3 hours, 1 hour for eating, and then back at it. But now
            > my quest is complete, I finally figured out what computer is in this
            > picture
            > http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secret/weekly/FamiStars19.jpg
            >
            > It's an HP 64000.

            And now, for your reward:

            Ebay #280544395092

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Jason T
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 10, 2010
              On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM, mloewen16823
              <mloewen@...> wrote:

              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
              > > It's an HP 64000.
              >
              > And now, for your reward:
              >
              > Ebay #280544395092

              I watched this auction close with no bids. I was considering jumping
              on it, being at least in the right part of the country, but it's still
              an ~8hr drive for me, both ways. I wrote to the seller and asked
              about the HP's future. The answer: we're just about to dump it in the
              crusher, but if you want we'll list it one more time.

              So they're apparently going to do this - is anyone going to bid? I'd
              hate to see this glorious old brown machine go to scrap. I will
              possibly bid if no one else speaks up, but it's going to take some
              wrangling to find time to go get it. Oh, and they insist they can
              only support pickup M-F, 9-5, so that means taking a day off, too, for
              us working normal hours.

              Oh, and greetings from the Midwest and Chicago Classic Computing, your
              hosts for VCF-MW!

              --
              jht