wanted: HOPE rfid badges

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
      I'm gathering the hardware and software to hack/modify the RFID HOPE badges (ya, after the conference). If anyone has one to spare, I'll gladly trade 'ya!

      This will be my first foray into JTAG, so any help would be appreciated. I have a parallel port dumb one, but friends are building the better "smart" one: http://goodfet.sourceforge.net/

      -- Jeff Jonas
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
        Some areas have informal get-togethers of people who enjoy playing with
        electronics, software, and other such projects. Does anyone know of any
        in the southern NJ area? Yes, there is a nice robotics group, but I'm
        looking for more general stuff not focused on one particular usage.

        Bob
      • Bill Loguidice
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010

          What is the robotics one?

          Bill Loguidice, Managing Director
          Armchair Arcade, Inc.
          http://www.armchairarcade.com
          Authored Books: http://www.armchairarcade.com/books
          Film: http://www.armchairarcade.com/film
          LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/billloguidice

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
            There's a guy looking to form a Hackerspace here at Infoage. But that is probably not "south" enough for you. Perhaps look @ one of the Philly hackerspaces.

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
              > What is the robotics one?

              Well, it doesn't look like their web page is active anymore, but they used
              to meet near the Echelon Mall:

              http://www.sjrobotics.org/

              Maybe you'll find a member's page by searching for the club "South Jersey
              Robotics Group." I haven't been to a meeting in several years.

              However, this is still around:

              http://www.cjrobotics.org/

              Bob
            • Bob Applegate
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010

                On Aug 4, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                There's a guy looking to form a Hackerspace here at Infoage. But that is probably not "south" enough for you. Perhaps look @ one of the Philly hackerspaces.

                Yeah, a little too far for me.  My wife does a lot of playing around too, so I'm hoping to find something local so one or the other can go to a fun meeting, show off something we did, and the other stays home with the kids for the evening :)

                Philly isn't far away, but it's a miserable drive.  However, that might be the closest to what I'm looking for.

              • mejeep_ferret
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
                  > Some areas have informal get-togethers of people who enjoy
                  > playing with electronics, software, and other such projects.
                  > Does anyone know of any in the southern NJ area?

                  There's http://fubarlabs.com/
                  at 403 Cleveland St.
                  Highland Park, NJ
                  (near Edison, near Rutgers New Brunswick & Bush campus)

                  They seem to focus on the AVR based Arduino, with members selling really cheap clone kits. One member brought in his benchtop laser cutter and they have a 3D plastic model maker.
                • Christian Liendo
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010

                      >> There's http://fubarlabs.com/
                      at 403 Cleveland St.
                      Highland Park, NJ

                      That's central Jersey. He meant "south" as in down by Philly.
                    • Joe Giliberti
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
                        No, thats North Jersey. Anything North of of the Driscoll Bridge is
                        North Jersey. Anything between the Driscoll Bridge and Toms River is
                        Central Jersey, and anything from Toms River to Cape May is South Jersey.

                        Joe

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
                          You're geographically correct but culturally wrong. Parts of Middlesex County, and all of Somerville/Warren counties are "central" Jersey, yet north of the Raritan River.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 6, 2010
                            Jeff,

                            I'll send you mine including the "hacking kit". Send me your address
                            (off list) and it's yours. You've already send me lots of stuff so no
                            trade needed.

                            Jim