Re: [midatlanticretro] Replacing disintegrated pads in keyboards - tip for cutting the pads

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 12:14 PM

      I took a closer look at this, this is not what you want. It's that new bubble foam, with the micro bubbles. They pop easily and lose the effect.

      I already have the Woodland Scenics track foam that Mike showed us before. But know I can slice it down to 4mm if I have to.

      =Dan

      On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      Dan,

      Squeeze the foam with your fingers.  Does it come back quickly into shape?
      It needs to be kind of rigid.  Unless the keys are very small 3mm is
      probably too short.  That foam Mike suggested (don't have the name here)
      worked perfectly and cut well too.  It was $3.49 for a sheet that will do 5
      keyboards.

      My point is that it's a lot of work to do the pads, be sure you have the
      good stuff.

      Bill Degnan