Re: [midatlanticretro] Replacing disintegrated pads in keyboards - tip for cutting the pads

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010

      I just noticed something here. Every time we order new circuit cards here, they're packed in static bags and also have a lining of static foam inside. These are 3mm , and might also work.
      I haven't realized it before that it could be useful for this. I'm not sure yet if 3mm is too thin. There are little 5" x 6" sheets, I only have a few since I started saving these. But if anybody wants to try it, I'll send one.

      =Dan

      On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      I am working to restore a Visual Technologies 1050 computer.  The
      keyboard has the same problem as others have reported for their SOL 20's
      and TRS 80 model II's.