Aug.3,1977: Tandy TRS-80 model I released,,,,I think I hear the Tandy man

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
      I think I hear the Tandy man......
      Let's hear it, geeks 'n nerds
      --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man

      Tandy Man:
          Who can take a Sun workstation ?
          Finkle in a screw ----
          Cover it in paint--
          is it a miracle or taboo ?--

          The Tandy man
          The Tandy man can
          The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
          and makes the world run good

          Who can take a wet DEC rainbow
          Disassemble it is a sigh
          Dry it first in the sun
          and let the floppy drives run dry ?

      Children: The Tandy man ?

      Tandy Man:
          The Tandy man
          The Tandy man can
          The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
          and makes the world run good

          Tandy man makes
          All the vintage flakes
          Satisfying not to own jalopies
          Talk about your childhood vintage copies
          You can even eat the floppies

          Who can take Morrow S-100 motherboard
          Whip it in a snap
          Separate the blown tantalums
          And collect up all the scrap?

      The Tandy man

      Children:
           The Tandy mannn cannnn

      Tandy Man:
          The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
          And makes the world run good
          And the world runs good cause the Tandy man thinks it should

    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
        On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:

        > Let's hear it, geeks 'n nerds
        > --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man
        >
        > Tandy Man:
        > Who can take a Sun workstation ?
        > Finkle in a screw ----
        > Cover it in paint--
        > is it a miracle or taboo ?--

        I'm sorry, but that doesn't scan at all...

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Timothy J Fagan
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
          Meter is apparently unimportant to this parody! LOL   Very creative though.

          Happy TRS-80 model I Day everyone!

          --Tim--

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010

            On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
            On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:

            > Let's hear it, geeks 'n nerds
            > --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man
            >
            > Tandy Man:
            >    Who can take a Sun workstation ?
            >    Finkle in a screw ----
            >    Cover it in paint--
            >    is it a miracle or taboo ?--

               I'm sorry, but that doesn't scan at all...

            aaww Mike, it's all in jest

          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010

              On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Timothy J Fagan <timstergm@...> wrote:

              Meter is apparently unimportant to this parody! LOL   Very creative though.

              improvising never hurts :)

              Happy TRS-80 model I Day everyone!

              Bill !!
              Since you're the aficionado of Stringy Floppies
              when are we making a Tandy man music video ??
              Lay down some good 8bit music in Candyman
              You'll need a good outfit, I bet something any retro Thrift store would have.
               - I know you're there --

              =Dan