Re: [midatlanticretro] DecWriter II on Craigslist

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
      > No affiliation, just passing along the info in case anyone was
      > interested.

      I've been wanting to add one to the collection but they always seem to
      show up too far away (10+ hours from near DC). I will be going by
      the area in September but they can't hold it that long.

    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
        David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

        >> No affiliation, just passing along the info in case anyone was
        >> interested.
        >>
        >I've been wanting to add one to the collection but they always seem to
        >show up too far away (10+ hours from near DC). I will be going by
        >the area in September but they can't hold it that long.
        >
        >> I saw this on the local Craiglist here in North Jersey:
        >>
        >> Digital Computer DecWriter II Keyboard Printer Terminal
        >> http://newjersey.craigslist.org/atq/1868992599.html
        >> <http://newjersey.craigslist.org/atq/1868992599.html>

        Do you want that one? Make the guy an offer and I could pick it up and
        hold it for you until you're in the south NJ area again... maybe even at
        the VCF East?

        I'm looking for a DECwriter-III (LA120). Anyone who finds one that's in
        good condition, let me know. I had one but gave it away with my Micro-
        VAX-II and sundry other kit when the space that they were consuming was
        requested for kid schtuffs by the ultimate power in the universe -- Mrs.
        VAXman. ;)
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 7:59 AM
          > Do you want that one? Make the guy an offer and I could pick it up and
          > hold it for you until you're in the south NJ area again... maybe even at
          > the VCF East?

          Thanks for the offer. Somebody else had already claimed it.