DecWriter II on Craigslist

  • David
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2010
      Hi all,

      I saw this on the local Craiglist here in North Jersey:

      Digital Computer DecWriter II Keyboard Printer Terminal
      http://newjersey.craigslist.org/atq/1868992599.html

      No affiliation,  just passing along the info in case anyone was interested.

      --Dave Sica

    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
        > No affiliation, just passing along the info in case anyone was
        > interested.

        I've been wanting to add one to the collection but they always seem to
        show up too far away (10+ hours from near DC). I will be going by
        the area in September but they can't hold it that long.

      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
          David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

          >> No affiliation, just passing along the info in case anyone was
          >> interested.
          >>
          >I've been wanting to add one to the collection but they always seem to
          >show up too far away (10+ hours from near DC). I will be going by
          >the area in September but they can't hold it that long.
          >
          >> I saw this on the local Craiglist here in North Jersey:
          >>
          >> Digital Computer DecWriter II Keyboard Printer Terminal
          >> http://newjersey.craigslist.org/atq/1868992599.html
          >> <http://newjersey.craigslist.org/atq/1868992599.html>

          Do you want that one? Make the guy an offer and I could pick it up and
          hold it for you until you're in the south NJ area again... maybe even at
          the VCF East?

          I'm looking for a DECwriter-III (LA120). Anyone who finds one that's in
          good condition, let me know. I had one but gave it away with my Micro-
          VAX-II and sundry other kit when the space that they were consuming was
          requested for kid schtuffs by the ultimate power in the universe -- Mrs.
          VAXman. ;)
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 7:59 AM
            > Do you want that one? Make the guy an offer and I could pick it up and
            > hold it for you until you're in the south NJ area again... maybe even at
            > the VCF East?

            Thanks for the offer. Somebody else had already claimed it.