Re: [midatlanticretro] Replacing disintegrated pads in keyboards - tip for cutting the pads

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010
      Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:
      > I found a punch on ebay that is much simpler to use. All you have to do is push it through the material with a twist. I made complete set of replacement pads using a plastic seperator sheet from a 3 ring binder, a mylar "space" blanket from Wal-Mart, the track bedding, and rubber cement.
      >
      > Item 190387118723 is a similar punch.
      >
      > I actually purchased it from the guy selling 290202711392 but he doesn't have any 7/16 listed at the moment. It was $12 plus $4 for shipping.
      >
      > Kelly

      I can see how this would be easier. Another way to skin a cat.
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010

        I just noticed something here. Every time we order new circuit cards here, they're packed in static bags and also have a lining of static foam inside. These are 3mm , and might also work.
        I haven't realized it before that it could be useful for this. I'm not sure yet if 3mm is too thin. There are little 5" x 6" sheets, I only have a few since I started saving these. But if anybody wants to try it, I'll send one.

        =Dan

        On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
        I am working to restore a Visual Technologies 1050 computer.  The
        keyboard has the same problem as others have reported for their SOL 20's
        and TRS 80 model II's.