Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF MW Update

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2010
      I prob will exhilbit a portable of some kind

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2010
          On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:
          > I will be there but have no time to prepare an exhibit (unless I think of something trivial).

          It's not a short trip from the east coast to lovely Lombard, IL, but I
          hope to meet a few of you folks out there. It's generating some nice
          interest and looks to be a great show. If anyone has any questions
          regarding the show or accommodations, drop me a note and I'll do what
          I can to help.

          --
          jht
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 25, 2011
            Let's see...lots of Commodore, especially C64/128 stuff at this event.
            That's to be expect given that this is 1/2 the Chicago Commodore Club event
            and they have their own room. Maybe 25+ exhibitor/vendors in the CBM room,
            18 or so in the vintage computer festival room, and about 8 tables in the
            Tandy/Sinclair room. There were also some misc tables in the hallways.
            There are at least three new PET/C-64 drive adapter devices for USB
            available, awesome!

            I will post pictures when I return.

            Ian and Mouse drove from NY, I flew in and met with David Greelish and his
            friend Raj. We split the cost of the rental car. David had a nice talk
            about computer history and his experiences in the 90's as the hobby
            "vintage computing" was coming together. Nice job. I brought a Rockwell
            AIM 65, and Jason T brought two more. Ian and Mouse worked to diagnose his
            two non working AIMs, we got one of them mostly working (28K!) but we could
            not determine the location in memory to activate the external video, or the
            video card was bad.

            Met lots of people. Standard dinner fun on Friday and Saturday.

            The photos will bring about more stories, I will make a page with
            captions.

            Bill Degnan