Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF MW Update

  • Justin Jernigan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2010
      I will be there as well, I have flight booked and hotel reservation.  Still not sure what I am bringing, I need a train/plane friendly idea to come to mind.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 27, 2010, at 7:58 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      VCF MW -
      I am definitely going, I have booked a plane/hotel to arrive Friday
      evening, leave Sunday afternoon.
      http://chiclassiccomp.org/vcfmw
      Bill

    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27, 2010
        I prob will exhilbit a portable of some kind

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2010
            On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:
            > I will be there but have no time to prepare an exhibit (unless I think of something trivial).

            It's not a short trip from the east coast to lovely Lombard, IL, but I
            hope to meet a few of you folks out there. It's generating some nice
            interest and looks to be a great show. If anyone has any questions
            regarding the show or accommodations, drop me a note and I'll do what
            I can to help.

            --
            jht
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 25, 2011
              Let's see...lots of Commodore, especially C64/128 stuff at this event.
              That's to be expect given that this is 1/2 the Chicago Commodore Club event
              and they have their own room. Maybe 25+ exhibitor/vendors in the CBM room,
              18 or so in the vintage computer festival room, and about 8 tables in the
              Tandy/Sinclair room. There were also some misc tables in the hallways.
              There are at least three new PET/C-64 drive adapter devices for USB
              available, awesome!

              I will post pictures when I return.

              Ian and Mouse drove from NY, I flew in and met with David Greelish and his
              friend Raj. We split the cost of the rental car. David had a nice talk
              about computer history and his experiences in the 90's as the hobby
              "vintage computing" was coming together. Nice job. I brought a Rockwell
              AIM 65, and Jason T brought two more. Ian and Mouse worked to diagnose his
              two non working AIMs, we got one of them mostly working (28K!) but we could
              not determine the location in memory to activate the external video, or the
              video card was bad.

              Met lots of people. Standard dinner fun on Friday and Saturday.

              The photos will bring about more stories, I will make a page with
              captions.

              Bill Degnan