Re: [midatlanticretro] Camp Evans == Fort Monmouth?

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 27, 2010
      Seeing this, makes me wonder what the difference between a "fort" classification and a "camp" classification.

      > Camp Evans: Belmar/Wall
      > Camp Coles: Red Bank (No longer exists)
      > Camp Charles Wood: Shrewsbury

      Correct

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 27, 2010
        Fort is a permanent structure.  Camp means a temporary place.  For example Camp Evans was only meant for WW2 use.  Yet somehow the it and many other encampments stuck around for a long time.

        Seeing this, makes me wonder what the difference between a "fort" classification and a "camp" classification.