The 13 Greatest Error Messages Of All Time & The 13 Other Greatest Error Messages Of All Time

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 26, 2010
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 26, 2010
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 26, 2010
          It seems a bit odd that a device with a 800x480 pixel display can
          support 720p (1280x720).

          Joe Giliberti

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 26, 2010
            Joe is allowed back in our club, as long as he plays well with others.

            > It seems a bit odd that a device with a 800x480 pixel display can
            > support 720p (1280x720).
            >
            > Joe Giliberti
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 26, 2010
              I'll try.

              Joe Giliberti

              On 7/27/2010 1:01 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > Joe is allowed back in our club, as long as he plays well with others.

              >> It seems a bit odd that a device with a 800x480 pixel display can
              >> support 720p (1280x720).
              >>
              >> Joe Giliberti

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010

                I saw that too, actually in the KMart flyer that just came out. I know what I want for XMas :)

                Let the Tablet Wars begin......mmmuuuaahahaha

                =Dan

              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010
                  "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> writes:

                  >Some of these are OT, but most are not. Very fun.
                  >
                  >http://technologizer.com/2008/09/18/errormessage/<http://technologizer.com/=
                  >2008/09/18/errormessage/>
                  >
                  >http://technologizer.com/2008/10/07/more-error-messages/<http://technologiz=
                  >er.com/2008/10/07/more-error-messages/>

                  On OpenVMS:

                  $ EXIT 2928
                  %SYSTEM-W-FISH, my hovercraft is full of eels
                  $ EXIT 13492
                  %SYSTEM-F-GAMEOVER, all your base are belong to us
                  $
                  $ MAKE :== $SYS$SYSTEM:TECO32 MAKE
                  $ MAKE LOVE
                  Not war?
                  *
                • Bill Loguidice
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010

                    Actually, it looks to be almost exactly the same (if not the same) as the ones that regularly sell on eBay for around $110 and ship from China. I was contemplating getting one myself, but it’s my understanding that battery life is atrocious (<2 hours)and for my purposes – as a portable PDF reader – it has serious limitations (speed and file size limitations apparently). I’ll be curious ultimately what, if anything, has been improved on these from what has already been available…

                    Personally, I’ll likely wait for a second generation iPad to fix my issues with the first generation of the device, or a really slick “real” Android tablet. It’s just a matter of time before both become reality.

                    Bill Loguidice, Managing Director
                    Armchair Arcade, Inc.
                    http://www.armchairarcade.com
                    Authored Books: http://www.armchairarcade.com/books
                    Film: http://www.armchairarcade.com/film
                    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/billloguidice

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010
                      The specs are a little better. The $83 versions on eBay usually only have 128MB of RAM. Still, it sounds like kMart has got a pretty good markup on these, because if they bought them from the usual Chinese sources, in bulk, kMart probably got 'em for $50 each.

                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Loguidice" <bill@...> wrote:

                      > Actually, it looks to be almost exactly the same (if not the same) as the
                      > ones that regularly sell on eBay for around $110 and ship from China. I was
                      > contemplating getting one myself, but it's my understanding that battery
                      > life is atrocious (<2 hours)and for my purposes – as a portable PDF reader –
                      > it has serious limitations (speed and file size limitations apparently).
                      > I'll be curious ultimately what, if anything, has been improved on these
                      > from what has already been available…
                      >

                      > Personally, I'll likely wait for a second generation iPad to fix my issues
                      > with the first generation of the device, or a really slick "real" Android
                      > tablet. It's just a matter of time before both become reality.

                      > Bill Loguidice, Managing Director
                      > Armchair Arcade, Inc.
                      > <http://www.armchairarcade.com/> http://www.armchairarcade.com
                      > Authored Books: <http://www.armchairarcade.com/books>
                      > http://www.armchairarcade.com/books
                      > Film: <http://www.armchairarcade.com/film>
                      > http://www.armchairarcade.com/film
                      > LinkedIn: <http://www.linkedin.com/in/billloguidice>
                      > http://www.linkedin.com/in/billloguidice

                    • Ray Sills
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010
                        Someone has a K-mart version on ebay with a "buy it now" price of
                        $299. Includes the receipt from K-mart for $149.

                        Hey.. maybe someone would pay that much.

                        73 de Ray

                      • Bill Loguidice
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010

                          I was actually referring to the ones with the same specs for that price, not the 128MB version. You’re correct though, some people would foolishly/accidentally pay the same for the “prior generation” model with half the memory and even worse battery life.

                          href="http://technologizer.com/2010/07/26/augens-150-android-tablet-coming-to-kmar">http://technologizer.com/2010/07/26/augens-150-android-tablet-coming-to-kmar

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010