Re: [midatlanticretro] James Bond + vintage computers

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2010
      Evan,

      It looks like the Lektor cryptography device in From Russia With Love - 1963. Since this doesn't make sense, you might look on some of the James Bond fan sites to see which movies fit the timeline and have a plot that might include such a portable computer.

      Jim

      On 7/23/2010 1:23 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      Here'sa research question for 007 fans among us.

      In the late 1970s, there was a computer called the Micral V.  It looked like this:
      http://www.snarc. net/micralv. jpg

      I interviewed one of the designers.  He said, "We were able to see [it] used in a James Bond film at the end of the 70s (but I don't remember which one.)"

      I'm not up on Bond trivia.  According to Google, the only late-1970s Bond films were The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) and
      Moonraker (1979).

      Anyone know which movie showed this computer?