Museum tomorrow

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24 1:07 PM
      Hi all -- I'm probably not going tomorrow -- got a cold and stuff.

      We'll continue preparing the new section this Wed. night, unless I feel better and motivated before then.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
        Jeff B.. me, and Alise are getting to the museum around 1:00 tomorrow. Project: start sorting this year's batch of books to sell at VCF.

        If anyone would like to donate books to sell, we'll take them. These are NOT on-topic books -- these are just used computer books that are too new to be vintage, but too old to be useful for daily life. We'll also take books about engineering, math, other tech, scifi, etc. -- we sell them at VCF for $1/lb. and we split that revenue source with InfoAge.

        So, if you've got a bunch of old techie books taking up space, we'll make good use of them.

        The on-topic books are all kept for our museum library.

        IMPORTANT: donations for the book sale need to be delivered by early April. Please don't bring stuff on VCF weekend and then expect us to process it.
      • Bee Dee
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
          If you can manage it, maybe someone could publish your list of books
          and such, so that people who can't make the fair could see if there is
          anything they might be interested in. You might increase the sales that way.

          - Bill D
          ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
          ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
          ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
            >> so that people who can't make the fair could see if there is anything they might be interested in. You might increase the sales that way.

            Sorry, no, again. Not worth the effort for $1/lb. to itemize and ship. Whatever we don't sell just goes back into the pile for next year.