Re: [midatlanticretro] copying UNIX files (long file names) to 360 disks and preserving the file names

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 22, 2010
      Bill,

      I like the tar method for it's classic elegance. Have you looked at uucp to make the transfer? It's guaranteed to be on the UNIX PC and it's easy to add to a Windows machine under Cygwin. Then (I think) all you need is a null modem cable and a PC with an actual serial port. Uupc

      Jim

      On 7/15/2010 11:57 AM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

      Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:
      > If you want to use compression and still be UNIX portable, you can use

      Indeed. compress(1) is probably the most portable solution.

      Peace... Sridhar