Fwd: HOPE and a vintage computer question...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22 8:58 PM
      Hello all -- what kind of computer is this?
      http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secret/weekly/FamiStars19.jpg

      The question comes from Don, who's one of the performers from our 8-bit concert at VCF East last year.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23 5:56 AM
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        Hello all -- what kind of computer is this?
        http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secret/weekly/FamiStars19.jpg

        The question comes from Don, who's one of the performers from our 8-bit concert at VCF East last year.

        It's a NEC or Seiko or Mitsubishi from 1983-ish, which one exactly I don't know.  The brown bezel goes straight across is not recognized, but it's definitely a Japanese computer.

      • Nate Webb
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23 9:42 AM
          Hello Evan
          Interesting this question should pop up. Wife and I were watching
          Leverage last week, and the guy was running a server off of something that
          looked like that. Bugged the hell out of me, so I did some digging myself.
          From what I can tell, it looks like a TRS-80 III (
          http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=18&st=1 ), without a
          logo plate or anything. Apparently 3rd party companies re-sold them that
          way for various things.

          http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secret/weekly/Stars_of_the_Family_Computer.html

          > A few people on a messageboard I frequent were curious - and I thought
          > you guys might know!
          >
          > Catch you soon,
          >
          > Don
          Regards