VCF Midwest / MARCH roadtrip

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2010
      Hi all --

      I really want to attend VCF Midwest (Sept. 18-19; that's the weekend ahead of our exhibit at Maker Faire NYC) -- and I really want to bring a MARCH exhibit.

      This can't happen in my tiny car.  Justin, was it you who previously said you'd be up for the trip?  Is anyone else interested and/or is willing to use their suitably large vehicle?

      I think the best exhibit we could bring as a club is our homebrew-era highlights.  System-wise, we'd bring our Altair 8800, IMSAI 8080, and SWTPC 6800.  I/O-wise, we'd bring our TV Typewriter, ADM3-A, and ASR-33 (or some combination thereof; the SWTPC has its own terminal.)

      Personally I would need to share a hotel room one or multiple ways; I'm happy sleeping on a couch or floor, as I'm quite poor right now.

      - Evan

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2010
        I plan to fly out, but
        I would be poss able to share a room.
        bd

        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        Hi all --

        I really want to attend VCF Midwest (Sept. 18-19; that's the weekend ahead of our exhibit at Maker Faire NYC) -- and I really want to bring a MARCH exhibit.

        This can't happen in my tiny car.  Justin, was it you who previously said you'd be up for the trip?  Is anyone else interested and/or is willing to use their suitably large vehicle?

        I think the best exhibit we could bring as a club is our homebrew-era highlights.  System-wise, we'd bring our Altair 8800, IMSAI 8080, and SWTPC 6800.  I/O-wise, we'd bring our TV Typewriter, ADM3-A, and ASR-33 (or some combination thereof; the SWTPC has its own terminal.)

        Personally I would need to share a hotel room one or multiple ways; I'm happy sleeping on a couch or floor, as I'm quite poor right now.

        - Evan

        om.
        bd

      • jaj@totallyamused.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2010
          Same here, I am flying out Friday evening and then back to NJ early Sunday morning. I couldn't work it out timing wise (work & family) for a road trip.

          Not sure if I am taking anything with me, thought about taking an SX-64 + uIEC and C-Net BBS, just not sure I want to haul that on train + plane, and I wouldn't really be able to take display materials with me. I need to think this through and see what I can realistically get ready and can transport with some ease, as I would like to participate vs. just attend.

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T