OT: Bouncing

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
      I was for some reason, unable to send a message into the group. Yahoo
      told me I was "bouncing" and that I had to reactivate my account. What
      was that about?
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
        I don't know but this message got through.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
          "Bouncing" means that when the Yahoo list server attempted to send
          list messages to your email address, they "bounced". Meaning that
          the target (your) mail server refused the email or simply was not available.
          Depending on the settings (I'm not sure if Yahoo groups allows the
          list admin to change them) your email may be marked as bouncing after
          some period of time or after some number of attempted deliveries.

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
            I checked, he's not listed as bouncing in the Yahoo group.

            "Bouncing" means that when the Yahoo list server attempted to send
            list messages to your email address, they "bounced".  Meaning that
            the target (your) mail server refused the email or simply was not available.
            Depending on the settings (I'm not sure if Yahoo groups allows the
            list admin to change them) your email may be marked as bouncing after
            some period of time or after some number of attempted deliveries.

            about?

            > Yahoo! Groups
            Links

          • Rich Cini
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2005
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti
              <starbase89@o...> wrote:

              > I was for some reason, unable to send a message into the group. Yahoo
              > told me I was "bouncing" and that I had to reactivate my account.
              What
              > was that about?

              I got this message too and I "reactivated". Maybe a common theme based
              on ISP? Mine is Optimum Online.
            • David Gesswein
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 11, 2005
                > I was for some reason, unable to send a message into the group. Yahoo
                > told me I was "bouncing" and that I had to reactivate my account. What
                > was that about?

                They got on the spamhaus spam list for a short while. If you or your ISP
                was using that filter for email then yahoo email would of bounced and they
                will shut off your account. You just need to go to the web and re-enable it.
                The page to re-enable it will also show the last bounce message.

                That happened with my account