Re: [midatlanticretro] Catweasel - workshop?

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 9, 2010
      That would be great, perhaps I could get mine to work somehow. I mainly got it for transferring files from PC to Amiga format. If it works for commodore 64 files too that would be great too !

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
        I don't expect the Catweasel to work for c64 disks.
        bd

        Jeffrey Brace wrote:
        That would be great, perhaps I could get mine to work somehow. I mainly got it for transferring files from PC to Amiga format. If it works for commodore 64 files too that would be great too !

        Hooking it up to stuff. I have huge pentium III perfect for this, a tower 'bout this big.... We would also work on file transfers in general, CPM to DOS and so on. We as a group, helping each other, would all leave the workshop with a core working system to take home and use to archive disks.

        If anyone has interest just let me know. I have the rev 4 version.

        bd

        I'm all for a Catweasel workshop. I have an earlier version and haven't been able to use it because it doesn't fit into my PC for some strange reason. Does it matter which version I have ? Is getting the latest version best ? What would we be doing in the workshop ?

        > I would be interested in a workshop that centered around the catweasel if
        > you'd like me to host another workshop just for that.

        I need some time to get some experience with it, first. Kelly already
        has one up and running. Has anyone else used one?

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...<mailto:mloewen@...>
        Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/<http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/>

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
          On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, B Degnan wrote:

          > I don't expect the Catweasel to work for c64 disks.

          According to the latest manual, it will.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
            Mike Loewen wrote:
            On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, B Degnan wrote:

            I don't expect the Catweasel to work for c64 disks.

                According to the latest manual, it will.

            that's great news, good.
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
              Jeffrey Brace wrote:
              May I ask where everyone bought their Catweasel MK4 ?

              Yes.
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
                I found one on ebay and bought it at some point.    i don't think there is any regular distribution channel.
                bd

                Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                oh Bill, ever the funny guy Winking smiley emoticon

                Must I be explicit ? Where did you buy your Catweasel ?

                I found one here, but I would like to see where everyone else bought to find a reliable supplier and a price that is reasonable: http://tinyurl.com/22v8enc

                I did try the main site of the creator, but it lists MK2:

                With no clear way to buy.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010