RE: [midatlanticretro] Catweasel - workshop?

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 9, 2010
      I would be interested in a workshop that centered around the catweasel if
      you'd like me to host another workshop just for that.
      Bill

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 9, 2010
        On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:

        > I would be interested in a workshop that centered around the catweasel if
        > you'd like me to host another workshop just for that.

        I need some time to get some experience with it, first. Kelly already
        has one up and running. Has anyone else used one?

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • BDegnan
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 9, 2010
          Hooking it up to stuff. I have huge pentium III perfect for this, a tower 'bout this big.... We would also work on file transfers in general, CPM to DOS and so on. We as a group, helping each other, would all leave the workshop with a core working system to take home and use to archive disks.

          If anyone has interest just let me know. I have the rev 4 version.

          bd

          I'm all for a Catweasel workshop. I have an earlier version and haven't been able to use it because it doesn't fit into my PC for some strange reason. Does it matter which version I have ? Is getting the latest version best ? What would we be doing in the workshop ?

          > I would be interested in a workshop that centered around the catweasel if
          > you'd like me to host another workshop just for that.

          I need some time to get some experience with it, first. Kelly already
          has one up and running. Has anyone else used one?

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...<mailto:mloewen@...>
          Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/<http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/>
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 9, 2010

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 9, 2010
              That would be great, perhaps I could get mine to work somehow. I mainly got it for transferring files from PC to Amiga format. If it works for commodore 64 files too that would be great too !

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
                I don't expect the Catweasel to work for c64 disks.
                bd

                Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                That would be great, perhaps I could get mine to work somehow. I mainly got it for transferring files from PC to Amiga format. If it works for commodore 64 files too that would be great too !

                Hooking it up to stuff. I have huge pentium III perfect for this, a tower 'bout this big.... We would also work on file transfers in general, CPM to DOS and so on. We as a group, helping each other, would all leave the workshop with a core working system to take home and use to archive disks.

                If anyone has interest just let me know. I have the rev 4 version.

                bd

                I'm all for a Catweasel workshop. I have an earlier version and haven't been able to use it because it doesn't fit into my PC for some strange reason. Does it matter which version I have ? Is getting the latest version best ? What would we be doing in the workshop ?

                > I would be interested in a workshop that centered around the catweasel if
                > you'd like me to host another workshop just for that.

                I need some time to get some experience with it, first. Kelly already
                has one up and running. Has anyone else used one?

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...<mailto:mloewen@...>
                Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/<http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/>

              • Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
                  On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, B Degnan wrote:

                  > I don't expect the Catweasel to work for c64 disks.

                  According to the latest manual, it will.

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
                    Mike Loewen wrote:
                    On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, B Degnan wrote:

                    I don't expect the Catweasel to work for c64 disks.

                        According to the latest manual, it will.

                    that's great news, good.
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
                      Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                      May I ask where everyone bought their Catweasel MK4 ?

                      Yes.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010
                        I found one on ebay and bought it at some point.    i don't think there is any regular distribution channel.
                        bd

                        Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                        oh Bill, ever the funny guy Winking smiley emoticon

                        Must I be explicit ? Where did you buy your Catweasel ?

                        I found one here, but I would like to see where everyone else bought to find a reliable supplier and a price that is reasonable: http://tinyurl.com/22v8enc

                        I did try the main site of the creator, but it lists MK2:

                        With no clear way to buy.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 10, 2010