Hacker Workshop-sort of - Digital Stuff or whatever you want.

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 12:42 PM
      I plan to spend August 28th weekend on DEC/Digital repairs, if anyone is
      interested in participating, they're welcome to come too. I will be
      working at the office in Wilmington. You can bring whatever you want, it's
      open form.

      Here is what I personally plan to do, everyone is welcome.

      1. Replace one of the lights in my PDP 8e (5th sense switch)
      2. RK05 disk drive controller diagnosis and repair (M7104, 05, 06)
      3. In general getting better at using the PDP8

      4. Power supply component diagnosis and repair for PDP 11/40
      5. Installing disk controller.

      6. Assemble another PDP 11/05 from parts.

      I have launched a new PC repair store at the office, it's open and we have
      already started servicing customers. fun. Lots more to do, but it's a
      start.

      I am slowly bringing more and more stuff to Wilmington. Eventually I'd
      like to have all working and complete systems in Wilmington with projects
      and docs at home. I am also going to be selling a few things in the repair
      store, passively.

      RSVP if you're coming. I have repaired my arcade system.