Re: [midatlanticretro] Hello, and greetings (And HOPE)

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
      On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, telmnstr@... wrote:

      > I'm looking for:
      >
      > TI/994A power supply

      Ethan:

      Hosfelt Electronics in Ohio sells the AC9500 power pack for the TI/994A
      for $1.75 each. Their part number is 56-536.

      http://www.hosfelt.com/

      I bought 4 of them in September of 2008. If you buy 10, they're only
      $1.49!

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
        I just received a used Catweasel Mk4-Plus from Ebay. Now would be a
        good time to finish up my diskette archival machine. :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Kelly D. Leavitt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
          I have had a diskette archival machine in various states of assembly/disassembly for 3 years now. Want to trade ideas? I have a couple of thoughts on 8" drives, and no ideas at all when it comes to hard sectored devices.

          At one time I even started to process the 1500 or so 8" disks I have. I just got bogged down. I had a database schema set up and everything. The database included a picture of the diskette/label and a serial number. I was going to use a combination of ImageDisk and cw2dmk to get to all the FM/MFM/mixed format disks.

          Kelly

          Mike Loewen mloewen@... <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
        • telmnstr@757.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
            > Ethan:
            > Hosfelt Electronics in Ohio sells the AC9500 power pack for the TI/994A
            > for $1.75 each. Their part number is 56-536.
            > http://www.hosfelt.com/
            > I bought 4 of them in September of 2008. If you buy 10, they're only
            > $1.49!

            Thanks! I ordered two. And a bunch of other stuff to meet the minimum $15.
            Can always use electrolytic caps for fixing arcade machines!

            - Ethan
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
              On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:

              > I have had a diskette archival machine in various states of
              > assembly/disassembly for 3 years now. Want to trade ideas? I have a
              > couple of thoughts on 8" drives, and no ideas at all when it comes to
              > hard sectored devices.

              Sure. I haven't actually used the Catweasel yet, but I have some
              blue-sky ideas. My current archival machine has an Adaptec 1542CF, which
              can read FM disks. It's in a large tower, with lots of drive bays. I have
              a 4-way, 37-pole mechanical switch which I plan to install to select one
              of 4 drives: 8" DS, 5-1/4" 1.2MB, 5-1/4" 360KB and 3-1/2" 1.44MB. I
              should be able to connect the Catweasel in between the Adaptec and the
              drive switch. The 5-1/4" and 3-1/2" drives will be in the tower, while
              the 8" will be in an external case.

              I'll probably set up a multiboot with FreeDOS, Linux and Windows (XP?).
              IMD and cw2dmk for sure. I use DBit's FDADAP to connect my 8" drive.

              http://www.dbit.com/fdadap.html

              I have ONE hard-sectored 8" disk, but no ideas for it, either.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...