Hello, and greetings (And HOPE)

  • telmnstr@757.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
      Greetings.

      My name is Ethan O'Toole and I have a collection of some vintage
      computers and game systems. I will be attending HOPE. Friends and myself
      for the past number of HOPE conferences have provided the video network
      system.

      I don't know how much room we will have in the van, but there is the
      possibility I might be able to bring a few smaller systems.

      Also, I have a wish list of things I'm looking for, mostly odds and
      ends. There is a retro video gaming event coming up in Chesapeake,
      Virginia that I'm helping with. So hoping to get a few systems running.

      I'm looking for:
      Atari ST power supplies. One for 520ST, and one for the floppy drive.
      The floppy drive has a male connector on the back.
      Atari ST mouse

      TI/994A power supply

      I've got some extra Atari 1050 floppy drives and maybe a few power
      supplies and an atari 8 bit printer I could offer up for trade.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
        On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, telmnstr@... wrote:

        > I'm looking for:
        >
        > TI/994A power supply

        Ethan:

        Hosfelt Electronics in Ohio sells the AC9500 power pack for the TI/994A
        for $1.75 each. Their part number is 56-536.

        http://www.hosfelt.com/

        I bought 4 of them in September of 2008. If you buy 10, they're only
        $1.49!

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
          I just received a used Catweasel Mk4-Plus from Ebay. Now would be a
          good time to finish up my diskette archival machine. :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Kelly D. Leavitt
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
            I have had a diskette archival machine in various states of assembly/disassembly for 3 years now. Want to trade ideas? I have a couple of thoughts on 8" drives, and no ideas at all when it comes to hard sectored devices.

            At one time I even started to process the 1500 or so 8" disks I have. I just got bogged down. I had a database schema set up and everything. The database included a picture of the diskette/label and a serial number. I was going to use a combination of ImageDisk and cw2dmk to get to all the FM/MFM/mixed format disks.

            Kelly

            Mike Loewen mloewen@... <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
          • telmnstr@757.org
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
              > Ethan:
              > Hosfelt Electronics in Ohio sells the AC9500 power pack for the TI/994A
              > for $1.75 each. Their part number is 56-536.
              > http://www.hosfelt.com/
              > I bought 4 of them in September of 2008. If you buy 10, they're only
              > $1.49!

              Thanks! I ordered two. And a bunch of other stuff to meet the minimum $15.
              Can always use electrolytic caps for fixing arcade machines!

              - Ethan
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 9, 2010
                On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:

                > I have had a diskette archival machine in various states of
                > assembly/disassembly for 3 years now. Want to trade ideas? I have a
                > couple of thoughts on 8" drives, and no ideas at all when it comes to
                > hard sectored devices.

                Sure. I haven't actually used the Catweasel yet, but I have some
                blue-sky ideas. My current archival machine has an Adaptec 1542CF, which
                can read FM disks. It's in a large tower, with lots of drive bays. I have
                a 4-way, 37-pole mechanical switch which I plan to install to select one
                of 4 drives: 8" DS, 5-1/4" 1.2MB, 5-1/4" 360KB and 3-1/2" 1.44MB. I
                should be able to connect the Catweasel in between the Adaptec and the
                drive switch. The 5-1/4" and 3-1/2" drives will be in the tower, while
                the 8" will be in an external case.

                I'll probably set up a multiboot with FreeDOS, Linux and Windows (XP?).
                IMD and cw2dmk for sure. I use DBit's FDADAP to connect my 8" drive.

                http://www.dbit.com/fdadap.html

                I have ONE hard-sectored 8" disk, but no ideas for it, either.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...