Re: [midatlanticretro] old star trek ascii art

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 3, 2010
      There is a wide carriage DEC dot-matrix printer at InfoAge. It is probably very close to a DEC writer without the keyboard and it should at least as fast.

      Jim

      On 6/27/2010 10:04 PM, David Gesswein wrote:

      > Wouldn't it be cool to rig up a line printer or teletype at the next VCF and
      > print out ascii art for attendees? I bet David could get something going on
      > his one of his PDPs. :)

      I did a simple snoopy at VCF's but on a teletype anything complex
      takes too long for most people to wait for.

      I have PC era dot matrix that would work but need to get a DECwriter
      or a drum printer to be appropriate for my exhibit and fast enough. I
      printed some on IBM mainframes back in the day. This is the tape I have.
      http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/ascii_art/

      I also have 5 level teletype art tapes which I need to finish reading in some
      day.