Museum

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 2 11:17 PM
      Hi all,

      Work on our new museum space will be on hold this weekend due to the holiday. However, if anyone really wants to work, I won't object ... in fact any such work may be more efficient than usual because I won't be there! :) Just let me know by tomorrow night.

      We may be able to do some work on Wednesday afternoon/evening next week. To be determined.
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
        Not a lot of visitors today, but Matt brought cookies, so it was a net positive.
      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
          What cookies?

          --
          See you space cowboy...

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
              yummy coookies !

              and testing matt's commodore stuff and copying programs for him to use and hunting for working commodores for MARCH.

              it was fun !

              To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              From: evan@...
              Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 02:11:07 +0000
              Subject: [midatlanticretro] Museum

              Not a lot of visitors today, but Matt brought cookies, so it was a net positive.

              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 26, 2010
                Museum closed today.
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 12, 2011
                  Good day. A late-20s couple visited and spent an hour in our computer museum. The guy said he might join MARCH. Then six 6-year-old gifted students (all girls) visited with their teacher -- these kids were smart! They loved the big iron; I explained how all the ENIAC programmers were the smartest women at math. They ate it up. Then I taught them some BASIC and gave them all VCF punched cards. They loved it.

                  Between visitors, myself / Matt / Jeff J. did a lot of cleaning and organizing in our H-bldg storage area and also behind the Room 1 exhibit. When that's done in a few weeks we will expand that exhibit.
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 21, 2011
                    Really good day at the museum. There was a WW2 seminar so we had many
                    visitors all day long. Me, Matt M., Jeff B., Jeff J., Don Caselli, and
                    Nick were all there today. We did some miscellaneous projects between
                    visitors, but mostly it was good to have the visitors and hang out together.

                    Some disappointing news: we finally opened the box containing what we
                    thought was a full, unassembled Morrow S-100 kit. But all it contained
                    were manuals, CRT, keyboard, and some cables.