Museum

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30 9:11 PM
      I checked out our freshly dry painted floor tonight.  It looks decent.  There are a few spots we have to go over with a second coat.  Myself, Steve G., and "HVAC Lou" moved some of the last bits of junk from our remaining unpainted area.  I'll try to get there sometime this Saturday afternoon/evening to finish up.  That day is "Wall Day" and InfoAge might have a booth, so I volunteered to bring a computer and talk up any interested citizens.  It's from 11-11 but I can't imagine we will stay so late.

      Fred is pleased as well.  He asked if we also plan to paint the hallway floor in our new section and I said yes.
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2010
        Hi all,

        Work on our new museum space will be on hold this weekend due to the holiday. However, if anyone really wants to work, I won't object ... in fact any such work may be more efficient than usual because I won't be there! :) Just let me know by tomorrow night.

        We may be able to do some work on Wednesday afternoon/evening next week. To be determined.
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
          Not a lot of visitors today, but Matt brought cookies, so it was a net positive.
        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
            What cookies?

            --
            See you space cowboy...

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
                yummy coookies !

                and testing matt's commodore stuff and copying programs for him to use and hunting for working commodores for MARCH.

                it was fun !

                To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                From: evan@...
                Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 02:11:07 +0000
                Subject: [midatlanticretro] Museum

                Not a lot of visitors today, but Matt brought cookies, so it was a net positive.

                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 26, 2010
                  Museum closed today.
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 12 3:51 PM
                    Good day. A late-20s couple visited and spent an hour in our computer museum. The guy said he might join MARCH. Then six 6-year-old gifted students (all girls) visited with their teacher -- these kids were smart! They loved the big iron; I explained how all the ENIAC programmers were the smartest women at math. They ate it up. Then I taught them some BASIC and gave them all VCF punched cards. They loved it.

                    Between visitors, myself / Matt / Jeff J. did a lot of cleaning and organizing in our H-bldg storage area and also behind the Room 1 exhibit. When that's done in a few weeks we will expand that exhibit.
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 21, 2011
                      Really good day at the museum. There was a WW2 seminar so we had many
                      visitors all day long. Me, Matt M., Jeff B., Jeff J., Don Caselli, and
                      Nick were all there today. We did some miscellaneous projects between
                      visitors, but mostly it was good to have the visitors and hang out together.

                      Some disappointing news: we finally opened the box containing what we
                      thought was a full, unassembled Morrow S-100 kit. But all it contained
                      were manuals, CRT, keyboard, and some cables.