OT: Looking for someone to repair a Selectric II

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
      Anyone have any leads (Mid-Atlantic area) that may still repair these beasties? The closer to northwest New Jersey the better for me. I found one person near Harrisburg, but I was hoping for something a little closer.

      Thanks,
      Kelly
    • systems.glitch
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
        There's a typewriter supply and repair shop in Troy, NY (close to Albany). Don't know if that's any closer than Harrisburg for you, though.

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:

        > Anyone have any leads (Mid-Atlantic area) that may still repair these beasties? The closer to northwest New Jersey the better for me. I found one person near Harrisburg, but I was hoping for something a little closer.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Kelly

      • m
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2010
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:
          > Anyone have any leads (Mid-Atlantic area) that may still repair these beasties? The closer to northwest New Jersey the better for me. I found one person near Harrisburg, but I was hoping for something a little closer.

          Why not just replace it? (And/or seek a second one to switch out parts with) Lots of people have Selectrics sitting and collecting dust.

          I know I do. If you want to come to Philly for it, it's yours. Of course, I'm pretty sure you could find one for free much closer to you.

          What do you use it for? Just recently I saw someone actually using one to fill out forms in a lawyer's office.
          --
          MS