Re: [midatlanticretro] old star trek ascii art

  • Barry L. Kline
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 28 8:57 AM
      Mike Loewen wrote:

      > Well, it's more bulky than heavy, but would fit in my wife's HHR. :-)
      > She traded in the van and downsized, which limits the size of LMOs (Large
      > Metal Objects) which I can transport. I wonder if that was on purpose...

      I have a Honda Pilot which looks to be a bit bigger that the HHR, just
      in case you find yourself looking at a great find but find yourself
      constrained by transportation...

      Barry
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 3, 2010
        There is a wide carriage DEC dot-matrix printer at InfoAge. It is probably very close to a DEC writer without the keyboard and it should at least as fast.

        Jim

        On 6/27/2010 10:04 PM, David Gesswein wrote:

        > Wouldn't it be cool to rig up a line printer or teletype at the next VCF and
        > print out ascii art for attendees? I bet David could get something going on
        > his one of his PDPs. :)

        I did a simple snoopy at VCF's but on a teletype anything complex
        takes too long for most people to wait for.

        I have PC era dot matrix that would work but need to get a DECwriter
        or a drum printer to be appropriate for my exhibit and fast enough. I
        printed some on IBM mainframes back in the day. This is the tape I have.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/ascii_art/

        I also have 5 level teletype art tapes which I need to finish reading in some
        day.