Museum

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 27, 2010
      For anyone who cares, I only semi-skimped on our new museum floor paint. :) We're not doing the acid wash or primer, but we are using one-part epoxy concrete paint, which allegedly sticks better and lasts longer, vs. slightly cheaper porch/floor paint that Fred recommended.
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 27, 2010
        Our painting went well. Bill Dromgoole showed up in the late morning
        and Jeff B. joined us around 2:00. We got 4/5ths of the floor painted.
        Need another couple of hours and the floor will be done. True, the
        paint illuminated some places where we didn't clean well enough, and it
        also emphasized some places where the floor has nooks and crannies, but
        mostly it's good and certainly better than unpainted.

        Funniest moment of the day: BD realizing that he left the paint cap on a
        window sill .... waaaaay back in the just-painted section. :)

        > For anyone who cares, I only semi-skimped on our new museum floor paint. :) We're not doing the acid wash or primer, but we are using one-part epoxy concrete paint, which allegedly sticks better and lasts longer, vs. slightly cheaper porch/floor paint that Fred recommended.
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 27, 2010
          LOL.

          Even though it was a bit hot, it went quickly with three people. I hope we can finish cleaning, sweeping, moving and painting the last section next time. So that we can get to the fun stuff of setting up the computers, library etc.

          Let me know when the next work day is and I will be there to help out again.

          Jeff B.
            Our painting went well.  Bill Dromgoole showed up in the late morning
          and Jeff B. joined us around 2:00.  We got 4/5ths of the floor painted.
          Need another couple of hours and the floor will be done.  True, the
          paint illuminated some places where we didn't clean well enough, and it
          also emphasized some places where the floor has nooks and crannies, but
          mostly it's good and certainly better than unpainted.

          Funniest moment of the day: BD realizing that he left the paint cap on a
          window sill .... waaaaay back in the just-painted section.   :)

          > For anyone who cares, I only semi-skimped on our new museum floor paint.  :)  We're not doing the acid wash or primer, but we are using one-part epoxy concrete paint, which allegedly sticks better and lasts longer, vs. slightly cheaper porch/floor paint that Fred recommended.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 30, 2010
            I checked out our freshly dry painted floor tonight.  It looks decent.  There are a few spots we have to go over with a second coat.  Myself, Steve G., and "HVAC Lou" moved some of the last bits of junk from our remaining unpainted area.  I'll try to get there sometime this Saturday afternoon/evening to finish up.  That day is "Wall Day" and InfoAge might have a booth, so I volunteered to bring a computer and talk up any interested citizens.  It's from 11-11 but I can't imagine we will stay so late.

            Fred is pleased as well.  He asked if we also plan to paint the hallway floor in our new section and I said yes.
          • evan@snarc.net
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 2, 2010
              Hi all,

              Work on our new museum space will be on hold this weekend due to the holiday. However, if anyone really wants to work, I won't object ... in fact any such work may be more efficient than usual because I won't be there! :) Just let me know by tomorrow night.

              We may be able to do some work on Wednesday afternoon/evening next week. To be determined.
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
                Not a lot of visitors today, but Matt brought cookies, so it was a net positive.
              • Jeffrey Frady
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
                  What cookies?

                  --
                  See you space cowboy...

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
                      yummy coookies !

                      and testing matt's commodore stuff and copying programs for him to use and hunting for working commodores for MARCH.

                      it was fun !

                      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      From: evan@...
                      Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 02:11:07 +0000
                      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Museum

                      Not a lot of visitors today, but Matt brought cookies, so it was a net positive.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 26, 2010
                        Museum closed today.
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 12, 2011
                          Good day. A late-20s couple visited and spent an hour in our computer museum. The guy said he might join MARCH. Then six 6-year-old gifted students (all girls) visited with their teacher -- these kids were smart! They loved the big iron; I explained how all the ENIAC programmers were the smartest women at math. They ate it up. Then I taught them some BASIC and gave them all VCF punched cards. They loved it.

                          Between visitors, myself / Matt / Jeff J. did a lot of cleaning and organizing in our H-bldg storage area and also behind the Room 1 exhibit. When that's done in a few weeks we will expand that exhibit.
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 21 5:43 PM
                            Really good day at the museum. There was a WW2 seminar so we had many
                            visitors all day long. Me, Matt M., Jeff B., Jeff J., Don Caselli, and
                            Nick were all there today. We did some miscellaneous projects between
                            visitors, but mostly it was good to have the visitors and hang out together.

                            Some disappointing news: we finally opened the box containing what we
                            thought was a full, unassembled Morrow S-100 kit. But all it contained
                            were manuals, CRT, keyboard, and some cables.