Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE -- Bill & Evan's Excellent Adventure

    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 26, 2010
      We can HOPE...

      On 6/26/2010 11:22 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      Yes, presumably.  Or maybe they're just kinky.

      Evan,

      HOPEfully I'll be there. Presumably the Lovelace Room is named for Ada Lovelace, Lord Byron's daughter, and programmer of Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine.

      Jim

      On 6/18/2010 1:40 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      Our lecture is Sat., July 17, at noon, in the Lovelace room on the hotel's 18th floor.

      Thenice people at HOPE officially announced their first set of lectures today, including the one by BilDeg and I.  Check out http://thenexthope. org ... it doesn't list as much detail as I sent to them (for example, that face that we'll focus on * local * history in our lecture), and it incorrectly implies that the hands-on demo is part of the lecture itself.  Anyway, we're looking forward to it.
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.