Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT Help with DOS 6.22 Supplemental disk

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 26, 2010
      Jack,

      I'll email you a file that you can use to create a set of "factory fresh" DOS 6.22 setup diskettes. You should reformat the HD and start over with the new diskettes. Your problems began when you copied the DOS disks rather than running "setup." The DOS setup script expands each file as it copies it to the HD.

      If you plan to install Windows 3.x, you will not need to find a mouse driver as it is included. For non-Windows, any recent Microsoft Mouse driver will work.

      Jim

      On 6/14/2010 12:47 AM, rkzbos wrote:

      In C:\ and in C:\DOS when I type "path" I get "PATH=C:\DOS"

      Jack

      > are you operating from the DOS subdirectory, or do you have PATH statement
      > (type PATH at the c prompt)? If not, you'll get a file not found error.

      _._,___