OT: power supply problem?

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2010
      Accidentally flipped the small power switch on the back of my computer's power supply today (normally I use the front switch.) No problem; flipped it back to the on position. But now the computer won't turn on -- not even the fan. What the...!? Things like the network card LED still turn on. What happened to my computer???
    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2010

        > Accidentally flipped the small power switch on the back of my computer's power supply today (normally I use the front switch.) No problem; flipped it back to the on position. But now the computer won't turn on -- not even the fan. What the...!? Things like the network card LED still turn on. What happened to my computer???

        Unplug the AC cable from the power supply, count Five Mississippi,
        then plug it back in. Make sure that little power switch is back
        in the correct position before you try to power the computer on again.

        HTH. HAND.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2010
          > Accidentally flipped the small power switch on the back of my computer's power supply today (normally I use the front switch.) No problem; flipped it back to the on position. But now the computer won't turn on -- not even the fan. What the...!? Things like the network card LED still turn on. What happened to my computer???

          Works now. New power supply. I'm not totally convinced the old power
          supply is dead though.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2010
            Evan,

            Could you have changed the input voltage switch?

            Jim