USENET...

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2010
      ok
      technically USENET started in 1980, but it did not integrate as a service
      into the greater "Internet" until later in the 1980's. Before then it was
      an independent entity kind of like FIDONET. Nothing wrong with that, but
      that's what I meant.
      Bill
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2010
        Bill Degnan wrote:
        > ok
        > technically USENET started in 1980, but it did not integrate as a service
        > into the greater "Internet" until later in the 1980's. Before then it was
        > an independent entity kind of like FIDONET. Nothing wrong with that, but
        > that's what I meant.

        Awwww. I was just about to "prove it". 8-)

        Anyway. I was going to also say something like "Usenet pre-dates the
        Internet", but I suppose that depends on how one defines "Internet".

        Peace... Sridhar